cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Mailbox Suspended

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi 

I have a user mailbox suspended can´t archive, I read TECH35622 (Suspended - The mailbox is enabled for archiving by EV but the user has decided to suspend the mailbox from being archived by EV. The mailbox is not processed by the Archiving Service/Task until it has been unsuspended.) but I don´t know how to unsuspended

System Name  Associated account Mailbox state
LEXLAB2K3BE01 user2  Suspended

I run the SQL query
USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory SELECT * FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry WHERE(MbxAlias = 'user2')

MbxStoreIdentity 3
MbxSuspended 1

If I run this will it resolve? or will I break it even more?

_______

SELECT * FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry WHERE MbxStoreIdentity = 3 
GO
UPDATE ExchangeMailboxEntry SET MbxStoreIdentity = 1 WHERE MbxStoreIdentity = 3 
GO
_____

SELECT * FROM ExchangeMailboxEntry WHERE MbxSuspended = 1 
GO
UPDATE ExchangeMailboxEntry SET MbxStoreIdentity = 0 WHERE MbxSuspended = 1
GO
______

This is a lab environment, teste upgrade from EV 8.4 to Ev 9.2 and Exch2003 to 2010

I have started the upgrade to exch2010. This mailbox is still in 2003. Vault still 8.4.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can also you EVPM to enable them:

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName=VaultServerName
SiteName=MySite

[Mailbox]
DistinguishedName=/o=History/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=UserA

[Folder]
Name=mailboxroot
Suspended=false

enabled=true

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Suspended is a client side setting and that column is anread only type of view, when you synch the user again it will switch it back to suspended in the database You would have to log on to the users mailbox and unsuspend the user
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can also you EVPM to enable them:

[Directory]
DirectoryComputerName=VaultServerName
SiteName=MySite

[Mailbox]
DistinguishedName=/o=History/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=UserA

[Folder]
Name=mailboxroot
Suspended=false

enabled=true

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

Alternatively you can disable and enable the mailbox for archiving again which will also clear the flag if you choose the appropriate setting... Saves having to write scripts :)

JesusWept3
Level 6

LOL, wow, good catch, i find it funny because thats the same script we use to unsuspend them, too early in the morning for me :)

Tonaco_pt

With of the answer should I "MARK AS SOLUTION". I can't try all solution, probably will be doing Nick White  solution. If I tryed JesusWept2 solution, how can a user do that.

JesusWept3
Level 6

to do Nicks solution, what you would do is open up the Vault Admin Console, press the Disable Mailbox button at the top, choose your user and then follow through to where they have been disabled.

Then afterwards you simply hit the enable mailbox wizard and follow the steps and make sure the user is attached to their archive properly until it prompts and finishes.

Thats all there is to it.

However, my vote is for tonys solution, because you may actually end up having this user continually suspending themselves, and once the script is written, you just run the EVPM.EXE and it processes the script, et voila, saves you lots of mouse clicks and is far quicker than disabling/enabling.

Plus if you have other users, you can just paste of their mailboxDN in the script, and run that and it will then work against that user etc

Tonaco_pt

Thanks run the script and everything is working now.