cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA - .zip files being ignored

Nick_Reeves
Level 4
Partner
EV6 SP2, W2kSP1, FSA, Placeholder Service installed on W2kSp1 file server.

Folder level policy, all the rules are being met, but it's simply ignoring .zip files. I have confirmed that they meet the last-accessed rule. It's not excluded in the folder policy, it's not excluded in the extension list in the registry, but it's ignoring them.

When I run a report on the volume, it does not show that they matched or did not match, it's like they do not exist. I believe permissions are OK, they are identical to files in the same folder that ARE being archived.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

N
6 REPLIES 6

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Are all zip files being ignored? Do these files have explicit file permissions on them? That could be the reason why they are being ignored.

Nick_Reeves
Level 4
Partner
Yes, all zip files on all enabled file system archives are being ignored. The permissions are OK, I have it applying the folder permissions if there are explicit file permissions in that case.

no .zip files, even though there are hundreds on the file systems being archived are in any report or archive report either.

N

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Hmm....for your archiving rule what file extensions did you specify? You may want to try to add *.zip to your archiving rule and see what happens.

Nick_Reeves
Level 4
Partner
*.* I will add .zip and perform a manual run now.

Nick_Reeves
Level 4
Partner
No luck, I tried adding *.zip before and after *.* in my archive rule and performed a manual run each time. Nothing. It's just completely ignoring them.

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
I'm stumped. I would try to open a ticket with support and run some dtraces while you are archiving and see if the traces catch anything.