Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Archiving migration

Ksimir
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi everyone!

I explain my case: 2 different EV sites: both contain File Archiving EV servers. Lets say EV site A have an empty file archiving server and EV site B have an archiving server with 10GB of data archived. I need to decommission EV site B server and move archived data to server in EV site A.

All servers are in EV 10.0.1.

Is there a way to do that without restoring all data on the file server and re-archiving them from EV server in site A?

Thank you very much!

Samir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Because your FSA servers are located on different sites you will need to update the placeholders after you have moved the archived data from site a to site b. I don't believe there is any other way other than having to restore all the data then re-archiving them from site a to site b,  not that I have come across with anyway. Having said that, if you are restoring the database then re-archiving them then the place holders would get updated anyway. There are tools for migrating exchange mailbox archiving but not seen any for FSA.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Amit_Dol
Level 4
Employee Accredited

FSAUtility is a option, you could find more information below.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO57557

Ksimir
Level 4
Partner Accredited

FYI I'm not moving any placeholder because the file server will stay the same.

I need to migrate a FSA server, which has been implemented in a different EV site as other production EV server. So is there any solution to avoid restoring everything (with FSAUtility I know it)?

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Because your FSA servers are located on different sites you will need to update the placeholders after you have moved the archived data from site a to site b. I don't believe there is any other way other than having to restore all the data then re-archiving them from site a to site b,  not that I have come across with anyway. Having said that, if you are restoring the database then re-archiving them then the place holders would get updated anyway. There are tools for migrating exchange mailbox archiving but not seen any for FSA.

Ksimir
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thank you! I thing you're right and that I will need to restore everything before rearchiving from the other server.