Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File System Analyzer problem

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

Hi

I'm just playng around with File System Analyzer 1.14.1 and just running it on a single system.

I'm not using a SQL or Access DB amd so just creating a .fsa file.which is only about 100MB - this completes ok without error.

My question is that I don't seem to be able to look at the result in anyway - the user guide shows a 'step 4' Review Results with a few icons of options to

'view graphical reports, export to CSV etc       --   I don't seem to have any of those buttons available! - Should they be on the main GUI where I kick the scan off from or is there something I'm missing?

many thanks for any input on where my missing buttons are :o)

KL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hey Keir,

You will need to import the .fsa file.  The following is from the guide:

Import FSA File

The Import FSA File will take previously collected file share information (stored in an FSA file) and import the data into a database (either Access or MS SQL).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hey Keir,

You will need to import the .fsa file.  The following is from the guide:

Import FSA File

The Import FSA File will take previously collected file share information (stored in an FSA file) and import the data into a database (either Access or MS SQL).

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

oh fine - thanks Tony

So I do need SQL or Access configued - I was expecting to just be able to be able to natively work with the .FSA file - and interpreted the 'import FSA File' option as just a way to load previous FSA jobs (one's run prior to having SQL within the environment) into the SQL\Access databases.

I'll configure SQL and see if those icons in 'Step 4' of the user guide then appear.

many thanks again

Keir