cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File System Archiving

Michael_Barnes_
Level 3
The lifecycle management seems to go from NTFS to EV to Delete.

Are there any advanced methods to allow NTFS to EV to Tape/DVD/Optical Jukebox or anything other than delete ?

Say older than 1 year is sent to EV and kept available online. Anything older than 3 years we need to then not delete but archive further to tape or some other medium back in it's original folder tree state just as it was on an NTFS volume.

?
5 REPLIES 5

Lee_Allison
Level 6
Mike, check the documentation, but when you setup a partition you can tell EV to migrate collected files off to HSM storage, such as Tivoli Storage Manager and others.

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Yeah,
Has anybody actually successfully done this? The docs make it sound kewl, but I've never seen anybody use it real world. Anybody got stories pro/con for this feature?

micah

Lee_Allison
Level 6
LoL, Micah! Well, I will probably be doing it within the next few weeks. Needless to say this is one of those areas where the Support Group doens't have the hardware or software for everyone to have had access to it. Possibly some of the consulting folks can chime in with some positive experiences.

Lee Allison
http://ev-blog.blogspot.com/

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Are you going to be implementing on netbackup 6, or like a tivoli? I've heard rumors that the netbackup implementation is okay as long as you've got a good catalog and can define a proper policy to communicate back and forth. As to how to do it...well, that's a step over my head fer now.

micah

Lee_Allison
Level 6
Not sure Micah, but I've heard the name Tivoli rolled around. We'll see.