cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder popup under Deleted Items in Outlook

Kathy_Dean
Level 4
Users have an Empty folder under deleted items keep popping up. You click on it, it takes them to an empty search Vault screen. I deleted it couple of times, It keeps on coming back.
It is a folder with a - next to it
We are using Enterprise Vault 6.0 SP2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
This is to be expected. When you use Archive Explorer or also maybe if you do an Integrated Search(not sure about the search) the folder will appear. Users can either ignore or keep deleting it. Probably should just make them aware of it so they are not shocked by seeing it. :)

Cheers,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
This is to be expected. When you use Archive Explorer or also maybe if you do an Integrated Search(not sure about the search) the folder will appear. Users can either ignore or keep deleting it. Probably should just make them aware of it so they are not shocked by seeing it. :)

Cheers,

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Hi Kathy,

In general terms, when you click on search EV creates a folder called "-" and sets the Home Page to be the URL of the searcho2k.asp. It then deletes the folder.

It's quite a neat trick but it does mean a load of "-" folders in Deleted Items.

Also Outlook doesn't play ball with the trick all the time (especially offline) so there's more fudging going on. I'm pretty convinced that this is why EV is so fussy about the server being explicity referenced in the Intranet Zone in IE (wildcards don't seem to work that well smetimes).

David

Kathy_Dean
Level 4
So is there anything I can do?

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Educate the users that this is expected behavious I guess (it's not a big deal is it?)

The non-integrated search can be switched on which opens a new IE window and defaults to the old "green" search page. I *guess* you could swap this for a page that re-directs to the new searcho2k page (unless you stillhave clients with IE4).... theoretically this would work but the search integrated in Outlook is more intuitive to users methinks.