cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder size in Outlook after Export archives to their original mailboxes EV 8 ?

Marc_van_Duuren
Level 4
Partner
Hi there,

Just a question about something I ran into while testing some stuff.

I had an original mailbox with let's say 300 number of items in it and a folder size of 5000 KB.
I started an archive run, messages were archived, number of items still 300 and ofcourse a folder size which was a lot smaller.

Now after that I did an EXPORT archives to their original mailboxes test and all items were restored in the original mailbox perfectly.
Number of items still 300, no archived messages anymore, but the folder size is now only 4000 KB in comparisation to the 5000 KB I expected.

Does anyone know if Enterprise Vault cleans up lost space or something in mail messages? I am just curious where the 1000 KB is.
All messages are there and still intact.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Marc.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Marc,
EV is doing some compression and such when it stores the messages so to see some space saving when you export back is not too surprising.

I imagine if you did the same test but instead moved the items to a PST and then dragged them back to the mailbox you would see a similiar size reduction.

Regards,
Tony

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Marc,
EV is doing some compression and such when it stores the messages so to see some space saving when you export back is not too surprising.

I imagine if you did the same test but instead moved the items to a PST and then dragged them back to the mailbox you would see a similiar size reduction.

Regards,
Tony

Marc_van_Duuren
Level 4
Partner
Thank you Tony, that answers my question !