cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force cab file migration

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

Issue: can files are not being migrated from 1 mailboxarchiving server.

Cause: A new (vaultstore) disk was added, old (dvs and cab)data was copied over, old disk removed, new disk renamed to same as old disk (driveletter).

The cab files are not being migrated to 2nd line storage anymore.

I believe this is because: the create date now is 12-jan-2009 (date of copying), security not listing VSA anymore. I have set the setting for the affected store to migrate files after 1 day, and hoped that would move the files of to 2nd line storage last night, but unfortunately it did not. Our vault environment is ReadOnly during the day, and archiving is taking place after business hours.

To avoid EV shutting down on this server (due to less than 1% free diskspace), I was thinking of setting the tasks for that server to report-mode. I also need to make sure that files are being migrated. Is it possible to force a migration?

Thank you.

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

As you have stated "The cab files are not being migrated to 2nd line storage anymore" I am going to presume that it has been working so I am going to assume that you have the correct licence to migrate.

You have not mentioned to what tertiary storage you are trying to migrate to.

What you would need to do is to DTRACE the storagefilewatch process whilst your migration attempt are occurring. Take a look at that and see if there is anything obvious being reported.

If not I would suggest opening a support case so we can look into this further for you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

As you have stated "The cab files are not being migrated to 2nd line storage anymore" I am going to presume that it has been working so I am going to assume that you have the correct licence to migrate.

You have not mentioned to what tertiary storage you are trying to migrate to.

What you would need to do is to DTRACE the storagefilewatch process whilst your migration attempt are occurring. Take a look at that and see if there is anything obvious being reported.

If not I would suggest opening a support case so we can look into this further for you.