Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh Installation (EV12) - error creating Vault Store

Manuel_L_
Level 3
Partner

Hi @ll,

It´s not my first installation of EV, but the first EV12. But i feel like its my first installation as an stone-age-man:

After running the "Getting Started Wizard" and after Creating the VaultStoreGroup (successfully), I was not able to create a Vault Store.

Error: 

An error occured while creating the new VaultStore. The Storage Service on xxxx could not complete the operation. Check the application event log for more information about the error.

But the applicationlog shows nothing - no entry.

One thing i´ve spotted: the storage service indeed has a problem - it starts, but in eventlog it says, that startup is pending due sync - not sure if this is a normal behavior while running the "Getting Started Wizard".

At this moment i wish to delete all and start the config again - but i got stuck as the config cant be resetet.

Deploymentscanner shows no error - and sql-permissions successful (VSG was created successfuly)...

do anyone have an idea, whats going on / how to fix this?

brgds Manuel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

this was the first thing i´ve tried (a couple of times) -> in VAC i wasnt able to create a VS too - but this time i got the error, that the storageservice is not running (but it is running..)

After hours of Troubleshooting/Dtrace aso. i´ve opened a case.

adv. TSE has spend totaly 11 hours of Troubleshooting to get this issue "solved".

The Reason still not clear today, but in the dtrace of the storage, we see that the "creatinginstance" has NULL in Servername -> therefore it could not be contacted/created...

Even editing the hosts file and DNS did not solve the issue.

Solution: complete uninstall EV Smiley Frustrated with "local" CNAME and switch the CNAME afterwards to another DNS-Zone.

The Supportengineer has seen this in "some situations".

but, - thanks for your answer :)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Manuel,

Did you get this working? If still waiting for an answer....

Just close the Getting Started Wizard. Reboot the server. Configure EV from the EV Console.

That should do it.

Regards. Gertjan

Hi,

this was the first thing i´ve tried (a couple of times) -> in VAC i wasnt able to create a VS too - but this time i got the error, that the storageservice is not running (but it is running..)

After hours of Troubleshooting/Dtrace aso. i´ve opened a case.

adv. TSE has spend totaly 11 hours of Troubleshooting to get this issue "solved".

The Reason still not clear today, but in the dtrace of the storage, we see that the "creatinginstance" has NULL in Servername -> therefore it could not be contacted/created...

Even editing the hosts file and DNS did not solve the issue.

Solution: complete uninstall EV Smiley Frustrated with "local" CNAME and switch the CNAME afterwards to another DNS-Zone.

The Supportengineer has seen this in "some situations".

but, - thanks for your answer :)