cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden OWA

kazakh_cowboy
Level 4
Hi All,
            not sure whats happened here but when I try to access my archives through OWA, I get the HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden error. I am able to access my archives through outlook without problems. Nothting has changed on my environment. I am running 7.5 SP5 on Exchange 2003 SP2. I have checked all logs and find nothing. Can someone give me a few pointers on where to start. I have checked what microsoft have posted but they dont seen to help

cheers all
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Just re-run EV OWA Extensions configuration on that Exchange server.  I would follow the steps from the Install and Config guide to make sure everything else is right. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Check the restrictions for the EVAnon virtual directory, perform the following steps:

1. Open IIS Manager on the vault server.

2. Expand the Web Sites directory and then the default Web site.

3. Right click on EVAnon virtual directory and select Properties.

4. Select the Directory Security tab.

5. Click Edit in the IP address and domain name restrictions section.

The settings should be as shown in Figure 2.

Figure 2

6. The IP address or addresses should be those of the Back End Exchange servers that are being archived from. In this example, items are being archived from 1 BE server which has the IP Address of 192.168.144.151. All other IP addresses are denied for security purposes.

7. Correct the settings as necessary.

Also, double check you Anonymous account used for OWA to make sure it isn't locked out.

kazakh_cowboy
Level 4
Hi Tony, thanks for the reply...
I checked everything and its all there. I put in the password again just to make sure but its still the same. It was all working well when I last looked at it a couple of weeks ago. Its very annoying. Any more ideas

KC

TonySterling
Check the IIS logs on the EV server for the 403 and see if it is in there.

kazakh_cowboy
Level 4

I did some investigative work and found out it is only affecting users on one of my exchange server. After comparing the virtual servers I found the enterprisevaultproxy directory missing. Before I go and kill the server admin guys, how do I recreate the directory

TonySterling
Just re-run EV OWA Extensions configuration on that Exchange server.  I would follow the steps from the Install and Config guide to make sure everything else is right. 

kazakh_cowboy
Level 4
Thanks Tony...re-running the OWA extensions did the trick. Much obliged for the help

KC