cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problem installing EV components on Sharepoint servers

Michael_Svens1
Level 3
Partner

Doing my first real installation of EV components to SharePoint, have a test environment that i have done the installation on and it works just fine. But now im doing a realworld installation, and i got trouble with getting the wizzard working for the SP components. My guess is that i have missed something realy simple but i cant find it, so i hope one of you here have some suggestions. 

When i run the Wizzard i get Failed to set service EnterpriseVautlAdminService to logon as domain\user.  Access is denied.

This user is what i use in EV, and i have put it in the local admin group on the server. I have also tried to put the user in domain admins, The user also has site collector admin rights inside SP.

I have tested to manually update the local policy with logon as service and so on but i still cant get this working, do you have any suggestions on what i am doing wrong o could test more to get this working ?

I am currently using EV 9.02 towards a Sharepoint 2010 on windows 2008 R2.

Regards

Michael Svensson

4 REPLIES 4

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Does the VSA has collection administrator permissions on the target SharePoint site collections ?

Michael_Svens1
Level 3
Partner

Yes

Prone2Typos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hey Michael. 

Did you sort this out? THis sounds like an issue with teh VSA having proper permissions on the Sharepoint server. If you had DTrace/install logs or something perhaps we could figure out what is going on more specifically. Generically to me it seems pretty clear that the VSA appears to have inadequate permissions. 

If you did figure this out... please let us know so that we can learn something from it and you can give yourself proper credit by marking your own posting as a solution.  

THanks.

Andrew_S_Jones
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

How have you run the Enterprise Vault component SharePoint configuration wizard?  Even though you may need to Install the components as the Farm Admin it might be necessary to logon as the VSA and run the Configuration wizard.

Thanks,

Andrew