cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide or gray out the Settings button in ARCHIVE EXPLORER

Anuradha_Tondam
Level 5
Open ARCHIVE EXPLORER, the buttons that appear on top are SEARCH, SETTINGS, HELP.

We would like to know if it is possible to disable/hide/gray out the SETTINGS button. The reason being, this tab gives the user the capability to change the view from IE to Microsoft outlook. The IE view does not let the user to reply / forward the archived emails. We would like to keep the view fixed in Microsoft Outlook since this view gives them the capability to reply / forward emails.

Please advise.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner
I just resolved my issue by doing the following: (Note: I still need to see how long the issue will remain in a resolved state, but please REPLY to this posting if it works at your end)

1) Open AE
2) Expand you archive structure folder until you see Archived Messages on the right pane of your AE view.
3) Select an archived item and assure that the "Save As..., REPLY, REPLY TO ALL and FORWARD" options are grayed out.
4) Click on the AE "Settings" button.
5) Select the "Check Name" button but assure that the "Microsoft Outlook" option had previously been selected.
6) Once the "Check Name" wizard has been completed. Click OK.

(Note: My "Check Name" wizard failed because it could not verify my account. However this still resolved my context menu issue.)

Please advise on your comments or feedback,
Thanks,
Dennis

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hmmm,
I know you can set the default behavior of AE by using the advanced desktop settings of the default mailbox client, but I'm not sure if you can disable the actual "settings" tab of AE via regkey or policy.

micah

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner
I actually have an issue where AE is set to use Microsoft Outlook to view archived items. Microsoft Outlook and IE8 have been set to use Outlook as a default mailbox. However some users under the same Policy and Vault stores can see the REPLY, FORWARD, REPLY TO ALL options from the context menu. While other show them grayed out.

Has anyone seen this before?

Please advise on your comments or questions,
Thanks!
Dennis

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
the only time they should be NOT greyed out is when AE is opened within AE
there is a webapp.ini to allow those within AE opened in internet explorer but i can't remember it for the moment
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner
I just resolved my issue by doing the following: (Note: I still need to see how long the issue will remain in a resolved state, but please REPLY to this posting if it works at your end)

1) Open AE
2) Expand you archive structure folder until you see Archived Messages on the right pane of your AE view.
3) Select an archived item and assure that the "Save As..., REPLY, REPLY TO ALL and FORWARD" options are grayed out.
4) Click on the AE "Settings" button.
5) Select the "Check Name" button but assure that the "Microsoft Outlook" option had previously been selected.
6) Once the "Check Name" wizard has been completed. Click OK.

(Note: My "Check Name" wizard failed because it could not verify my account. However this still resolved my context menu issue.)

Please advise on your comments or feedback,
Thanks,
Dennis

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
sorry, shoulda mentioned that, those all get populated when opened within outlook
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Patrick_Kenevan
Level 4
Hi
You can hide the settings button from Archive explorer by either editing the WebApp.ini file or creating the file. By default the file does not exist you will have to create it if it does not exist.

Create the WebApp.ini file save the file in Enterprise Vault install folder with the following setting:

ae.png

For more information on WebApp.ini refer to the following tech article: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/292820.htm