cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I clear list of computers in Personal Store Mgmt-Computers

Leonardo_Fern1
Level 6
How can I clear the list of computers, there are over 3000, in Personal Store Management\Computers? I obviously do not want to delete them one at a time. :)

Is there an SQL query I can run?

I am running EV6 SP2 on W2K3 SP1 server

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Well, you could use the following to mark them all as searchable, you do not need the variables if you updating them all

UPDATE PSTComputer
SET SearchThisComputer = 1

or if you want to remove the entries use

DELETE FROM PSTComputer
WHERE SearchThisComputer = 0

Personally, I would use the update.  I would also stop the tasks whilst I was doing this.  :)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Are you planning on using PST migrator or are you done? 

Leonardo_Fern1
Level 6
I have been migrating PSTs for a few months now. I ran the Locator to search for all PCs on my domain a few months ago and then ran an sql query to set the pst search bit on some PCs and servers. Now I want to set the PST search bit on all PCs and servers, but when I ran the sql query to do that, the search PST bit does not change, so I figured, I will just clear the list of computers and servers and rerun a search for all computers on my domain, since by default the PST search bit is set to "yes" for all new computers that are found. My problem is that I have a list of over 3000 computers, so I am looking for a way to clear that list all at once.

TonySterling
I see, when you say the sql failed did it return with an error?  I have used a script in the past to do just that.

You could use a script to delete the entries, but I would suggest to leave the ones that have already been  searched.

What was the script you used to try and set them to be searched?

Leonardo_Fern1
Level 6
I have successfully used the sript before. It did not return any error. SQL said it ran successfully. This is the script I used:

declare @@computername as varchar(100)
declare @@computername1 as varchar(100)
declare @@computername2 as varchar(100)

set @@computername='COMPUTER'
set @@computername='COMPUTER1'
set @@computername='COMPUTER2'

declare @@searchable as varchar(100)
set @@searchable = '1'
USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory

Do you know where I can get a script to clear the Computer names?

TonySterling
Well, you could use the following to mark them all as searchable, you do not need the variables if you updating them all

UPDATE PSTComputer
SET SearchThisComputer = 1

or if you want to remove the entries use

DELETE FROM PSTComputer
WHERE SearchThisComputer = 0

Personally, I would use the update.  I would also stop the tasks whilst I was doing this.  :)

ANDREY_FYODOROV
Level 6
I have used the update query in SQL with success.