cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove automatically set permissions from an archive?

bdc
Level 4

We have two archives that are no longer used and after a mailbox migration they have no associated account. Unfortunately the permissions are set for EVERYONE to read and I want to get rid of this without deleintg the archives themselves.

Trying this:

"How to remove automatically set permissions from an archive using Enterprise Vault Policy Manager (EVPM).":

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/280196.htm

does say it processed the permissions for the archive but I still cannot delete the EVERYONE permission that is set to "Granted" automatically.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

can't you just manually add everyone as a deny permission via the administation console?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I have just run exactly the same evpm script on one of my users that had the everyone group assigned and after running the script and refreshing the VAC the permission had gone as expected.

Did you refresh the VAC?

This does work

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

can't you just manually add everyone as a deny permission via the administation console?

mike50
Level 3

Hi bdc,

You may have managed to remove automatically set permissions, however for anyone that is interested you could run the follow ing SQL query against EnterpriseVaultDirectory Database and change the archive name

Use EnterpriseVaultDirectory

update archiveview

set AutoSecurityDesc = NULL

where archivename = 'Mike J'

Close Enterprise Manager or SQL Management Studio

Refresh the Enterprise Vault Admin Console and check the automatically set permissions on the archive.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
using EVPM Set EVERYONE to deny.....