Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much archived data per volume?

Patric_E
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

This EV enviroment is archiving a filecluster with six volumes containing user homedirectorys. I need to find out how much archived data each volume

has. Note: Reporting services is not installed. ideas?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Patric_E,

You need to enable FSA reporting on your file servers and use the EV data analysis reports. One of the reports available is "Number of archived files for target file servers, and the space that is used and saved as a result of archiving", which is exactly the information you are looking for.

FSA Reporting
http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO56567

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

If you want to know how much data you have in the archive , You may run the Vault store summary report from the VAC. Select the Vault store, Right click and select  reporting.

Best option to get detail information is to Install the reporting service and the FSA report.

Patric_E
Level 3

Hi

Yes but when I do that I only se the total of archived items for all volumes. I would like to know how much archived data per volume. So when I export all archived data from a specific volume I know how much storage I need to add to the frontend volume om the filecluster. The customer wants to export all FSA archived data.
To install the Reportingservices would need to go through the whole RFC procedure.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Patric_E,

You need to enable FSA reporting on your file servers and use the EV data analysis reports. One of the reports available is "Number of archived files for target file servers, and the space that is used and saved as a result of archiving", which is exactly the information you are looking for.

FSA Reporting
http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO56567

I hope this helps.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you need any more help on this issue?

Working for cloudficient.com

Patric_E
Level 3

Thank you guys for all the answers