cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Export Emails from Journal Archive

Dean_Cooper
Level 2
After I search the Journal Archive for emails from a specific user to whoever in our organization I need to export this list of emails into a PST.

Can anyone tell me how to do that as one big batch. I know I can open them up each and then save as a .msg, but there are hundreds and it will take forever.

I guess what I am asking is how do I make make search results one big PST?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
One thing to keep in mind is that the Web Search isn't intended for large scale export\restores. So if you are talking 10,000 items you will want to break those down into smaller chunks.

If you have Compliance or Discovery they might be a better option.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Check the documentation but I think there is a way of getting an additional option show when restoring a basket so that you can specify a PST file for the items to be restored into.

Dean_Cooper
Level 2
Thanks for that hint - I didn't go that router but it got me thinking.

I just restored the items I wanted to my own mailbox in a subfolder then exported only that folder to pst.

Worked great. Thanks for the advice.

Scott_Anderso1
Level 4
For Enterprise Vault 6.0 SP1 see p.111 in the Administrator's Guide.

You must create a webapp.ini file and put the RestoreToPSTOption in it to enable.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
One thing to keep in mind is that the Web Search isn't intended for large scale export\restores. So if you are talking 10,000 items you will want to break those down into smaller chunks.

If you have Compliance or Discovery they might be a better option.