cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter Shortcuts in Outlook / Searchfolder Creation

FLX
Level 4

Hey out there!

I'm litte bit confused that I did not find any topics regarding to that issue. But how is it possible, e.g. to filter within at least the outlook advanced filter function for ev shortcut items?

In my advanced filter field criterias are no relevant tags. If i select from forms, I got Enterprise Vault - Archived Items for example, but only as category. So I can not build an filter statement.

All EV-Items must have a different IPM_Note Class or another distungished attribute for filtering.

In next step, it would be interessting if someone created with this distinguished attributes searchfolders for every mailbox, to avoid users creating more advanced filters. I know, this will work only via EWS.

Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Gertjan is right, you want to key your filters on the MessageClass attribute of the items. This is found under the "All mail fields" section when you're choosing fields. Here are some sample criteria for EV-related search folders.

Just shortcuts:
MessageClass        is (exactly)        IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut

All EV items (shortcuts, pending, restoring, etc.):
MessageClass        contains        EnterpriseVault

See attached screenshots for examples setting up Search Folders.

View solution in original post

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

...and you got me thinking about doing this with EWS for a large number of mailboxes. The following PowerShell script ought to do the trick.

--Chris

Edit: Script changed to attachment because some parts of it kept getting changed to smileys when posted.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

The messageclass for shortcuts is IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut

You can use the advanced find to select Messageclass. out of interest, why would you create such a search?

Regards. Gertjan

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

Gertjan is right, you want to key your filters on the MessageClass attribute of the items. This is found under the "All mail fields" section when you're choosing fields. Here are some sample criteria for EV-related search folders.

Just shortcuts:
MessageClass        is (exactly)        IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut

All EV items (shortcuts, pending, restoring, etc.):
MessageClass        contains        EnterpriseVault

See attached screenshots for examples setting up Search Folders.

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

...and you got me thinking about doing this with EWS for a large number of mailboxes. The following PowerShell script ought to do the trick.

--Chris

Edit: Script changed to attachment because some parts of it kept getting changed to smileys when posted.

superb! super awesome to get so fully qualified answers (incldung script example) on friday within less than 20 views. thanks!