cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to mass-delete archived items in EV9

TRP
Level 5

Hi all :)

I have a user who has about 149,000 items in his archive and wants to delete a good portion of them.

What is the best way to do this? Doing it through Outlook will take forever.

Thanks

Tracy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are the items organized?  What I am getting at is that you can use the Export Archive Wizard to export the items from archive to PST and remove them from the archive as well. 

You would then need to use shortcut deletion to delete the shortcuts to orphaned items.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Are the items organized?  What I am getting at is that you can use the Export Archive Wizard to export the items from archive to PST and remove them from the archive as well. 

You would then need to use shortcut deletion to delete the shortcuts to orphaned items.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

There isn't an option to delete specific emails from the Enterprise Vault Admin Console in one archive. You can use the "delete from vault" option from the EV search to delete emails from archive, but you need to allow the users to delete from their archives (site setting) and the retention category needs to have the prevent deletion option disabled. You can also run Storage Expiry but that would delete any expired items from all the archives.

I hope this helps.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I forgot about the PST export option. Good catch Tony !! Only thing is that the you can only export a specific subfolder in order to use "Remove exported items from archive".

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

one long shot, is if all the items are in a specific folder that he wants to keep, then he can export just that folder to PST, then delete the archive, and then you dont need to clean the PST as it will only contain that folder and those items, but thats probably wishful thinking on my part

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

In you case Export to PST will be the best option.. but if user wants to delete items from multiple folders.. then Archive Explorer will be the best option.