cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent a Kvault admin from accessing the archives content?

Laurent_Wuilmar
Level 3
Hello,

I would like to prevent the Kvault administrators from modifying the access permissions on the archives (and so to give themself access to anybody's archive content)
The administrators should still be able to start the Vault admin console, check the config, restart tasks and services,...

Is it possible?
Any idea how to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help
Laurent
3 REPLIES 3

Lee_Allison
Level 6
I believe that if they can run the admin console then they're in. I've never heard of a way to granularize (is that a word??) what can be done once you're in.

Lee Allison
http://ev-blog.blogspot.com/Message was edited by:
Lee Allison

David_standish
Level 5
I'm interested in this as well. I'm new to the product, but one of the things that is annoying is that there is only one account that can be used for accessing the Administration Console.

As such, I can set auditing as high as I want (which I like), but I'm just auditing the one accounts access - not who is using the account. There's no native way to distinguish what changes individual administrators are making inside of the application since they have to share the service account.

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
yeah,
I don't think there's a way to address this in 6.0. The admin console isn't role based. I heard this will be a feature of 7.0 that's due out in a couple of months tho.

micah