cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove archive tag from Journal messages?

dhipatel
Level 3

Hi All,

I have a Lotus Domino 8 And EV 8 Sp1 environment.

We were testing new optical storage device and thus didn't remove journal messages from journal mailbox. Now we have completed our testing and would like to reset the archive bit from the messages still remaining in the journal mailbox. We will be using different storage device. Is there a script to remove archive bit? or what is a best way to re-archive these messages?

Any help is appreciated.

DP

7 REPLIES 7

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Do you mean the items are Pending in the mailbox?

dhipatel
Level 3
Tony,

Items in the mailbox is not pending it has already been archived. items are in the mailbox taged as archived since I had choose to configure "Never" option to remove mails from Journal mailbox.  EV adds a identified that the message has been archived and only processes new messages from the journal mailbox.  I would like to know how to remonve those EV tags from all the meesages  on the Journal mailbox that has been archived. 

Thanks,

DP

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
DP,

What you are suggesting is impossible with journaling.  You cannot leave items in the journalmialbox with Enterprise Vault Journaling.  Maybe explain what you have exactly done!

--wayne

dhipatel
Level 3
Wayne,

I would agree with you if I haven't seen it in real implementation.  Under vault store properties, There is a setting for Remove safety copies and You can select to set it to "none".  This settings keeps the safety copy of messages in the Journal mailbox forever and creates a tag under the message properties.  By the virue of those tag it know which messges are already archived.  I would liek to remove those tags so I can setup a diffrent vault store and reingust all messages that are stored as ssafety copy on the journal.

Thanks for your help.  Hope this clarification helps!

DP

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
OK, I understand what you are saying now.  I think you may be able to work around this by creating an NSF and using NSF Import wizard to import those items into the Journal Archive.

Does that make sense?

dhipatel
Level 3
Tony,

That is my alternate choice.  Primarily, I was looking for a script which can strip out the EV tags from meeassges so all messages appear to EV as new message and will journal.  I might want to set same criteria ("Never") when I archive to new storage device. In the past I had worked with Support and used a " FIELD EV_PoisonPilled " script to remove tags from EV messages. I'm attching a screen shot of the EV tag.  May be some have an idea how to remove these tags.

Thanks,

DP

imagebrowser image

dhipatel
Level 3

Please help!!