cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup archiving policies.

Beetrood
Level 2

I have some question on EV7.5 Defining archiving policies.

I define the exchange police to archive message large than 512k and replace with shortcut display 10 characters.

But on client outlook still have full size attachment and full message body.

Do you know what’s wrong I do?

Expand Enterprise Vault site Click Policies > Exchange > Mailbox >Right-click Default Exchange Mailbox Policy in the right pane and select Properties I modified  the archiving rule on young items to archiving younger than 0 days. large items to 512 kbs. Archiving strategy to all item older than 0 days.

On shortcut content change to  customize dispaly 10 characters.

please help me...............

6 REPLIES 6

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
Had you ever had your policy configured, such as what is being reflected in your shortcut content or are these newly archived items that are exhibiting this behavior?  IE, is this a recent policy change?

Beetrood
Level 2
these is newly archived items that are exhibiting this behavior.

This is my first time setup EV, I know also the required synchronize mailbox when policy change.
But it didn't work.

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
If your policy has never been changed and all mailboxes have been synchronized and your policy isn't being applied as configured, then might I suggest you log a call with support as they can determine what may be wrong.

Beetrood
Level 2
Thanks for your support.

You know this is my first time setup EV7.5,I also read the Installing_and_Configuring, but I worry i got a wrong procedure to apply the policy.

Now is testing the EV so i change the Default Exchange Mailbox Policy on young items to archiving younger than 0 days. large items to 512 kbs. Archiving strategy to all item older than 0 days. and replace with shortcut display 10 characters. at following procedure 

(Expand Enterprise Vault site Click Policies > Exchange > Mailbox >Right-click Default Exchange Mailbox Policy in the right pane and select Properties I modified  the archiving rule on young items to archiving younger than 0 days. large items to 512 kbs. Archiving strategy to all item older than 0 days. Shortcut content  change to customize and inculd 10 characters )

After change the policy, I run the mail box synchronize at following procedure.

(Expand Enterprise Vault site Click Enterprise Vault server > task > right cilck Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for EXCHANGEBE and select properties > synchronize > synchronize.

Beetrood
Level 2
is it a Pending item? but i can't found more infomation about this.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi

Please check the following:

- Is the User Enabled for Archiving in Enterprise Vault (Tools -> Enable Mailboxes in Admin Console)?
- Has the User installed the EV Client?
- Is the Icon of E-Mails changing in Outlook, and how does it look like?

If everything is true, and the Icon looks like a Cupboard with a Watch on it, then you probably have the Setting "Remove safety copies" set to "After Backup". (You can set this on the Vault Store -> Properties level)
This way, EV keeps the Item in Exchange until a Backup of the Archived Item on the EV Server took Place.

To simulate a Backup, you can go to the EV Server's Filesystem where the Vault Store lies, and Remove the "Archive" Attribute from all files.

Or you can try to set the "Remove safety copies" setting to "Immediately after archiving".

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.