cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Shortcuts

Chad_Rohrer
Level 3
Lately we've had a problem where users that have their mailboxes enabled, and are on an unlimited retention policy are noticing their email shortcuts are getting deleted.  However if you go into the vault and search for the emails they're still there.

Anyone noticed this before?

Thanks,
Chad
6 REPLIES 6

starrant
Level 2
What is your shortcut deletion age set to?  Maybe you could extend it?

Chad_Rohrer
Level 3
Deletion Age for the shortcuts is 2 yrs.  But the "Unlimited" retention is set to never delete.  I should've included in the original post that that only one user is having this problem.  We've verified others in the Unlimited policy have emails dating back 3-4yrs+.

Thanks for the quick reply, hopefully you or someone else may be able to help me make some headway on this issue.

Chad

Message Edited by Chad Rohrer on 11-02-2007 10:20 AM

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
I would venture to say that this user must be deleting these shortcuts from Outlook.  Shortucts can be deleted and the archived message will remain in their archive.

Chad_Rohrer
Level 3
Thanks for the quick responses.

Maynard, so to your knowledge there's nothing that could cause this for one user, who is in the same policy as many others, that you know of?

Chad

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
It is only 1 of 2 things.  Either our "shortcut deletion" process are deleting shortcuts or as stated the user in question is deleting these shortcuts.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Chad

Is this solved yet?

If not:
What shortcuts are getting deleted? How old are they?
Is it indeed that only Shortcuts older 2 years get deleted? Then this would point at the Shortcut Deletion feature...

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.