cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IE Proxy Error when accessing "Search Vaults" and "Archive Explorer"

Sean_Martin
Level 3
I'm experiencing an issue where my end-users will receive an IE Proxy Error when attempting to access the "Search Vaults" or "Archive Explorer" options within Outlook 2003 SP2 delivered via Citrix. We configured IE Proxy Exclusions within a Group Policy to exclude the EV Server, Site Alias and Vault Alias. I have a feeling this is more of an issue where policies aren't applying on the Citrix servers but this issue occurrs infrequently and usually only during the morning. Running GPResult on various Citrix servers seems to indicate the policies are being applied.

Is there anything I can check on the EV server itself that may be causing this issue? I'm fairly new to EV so bear with me. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
2 REPLIES 2

Jens_Monrad
Level 4
Partner
I've had similar problems with EV. But the problem wasn't within EV itself. EV is using browser settings for the Archive Explorer and the Search Vault function, so perhaps this could be that you have either a mismatch within the settings in Internet Explorer (Intranet pages, security settings - check the advanced settings within the policy that you may apply for the specific users) or it can be a proxy problem where the proxy mistranslate the connection, perhaps an issue with the domain or fqdn ?

I would check the following:

Security Settings within the policy
The url specified in the general settings in EV (right click on the EV directory and pick propperties)
The DNS aliases
The proxy settings (do the proxy server allow the various connections)

Good luck =)

Glenn_Cribb
Level 3
Partner
i had something similar in my environment. Within OWA the archive explorer and search vault pages display blank pages.  After I thought about it, it hits the backhand exchange server and it translates the link to where to go.  I logon to the BE Exchange server and type proxycfg from the command line and it had the wrong entries in the output.  You can perform a proxycfg -p bla bla of you IPs phy. server, fqdn, virtual server, vs fqdn, site name, sn fqdn and and it should the your results and if not just run proxycfg and it will display.  If it do not work you can use proxycfg - p "local" "*" then it will bypass everything and let the traffic fly by.

cheers
Smiley Happy