cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPM.Schedule.meeting.request can not be archived.

Dietmar_Deeg
Level 4
Partner
 Hello all

one of our customers has the problem, that messages with the messageclass "IPM.Schedule.meeting.request"
are not archived from the journal mailbox. Manually archiving from the inbox of a user also fails (error Nr. 3172).
All other calendar items are archived smoothly.
I checked the list of messageclasses in the site-properties. Seams OK (messageclass IPM.Appointment is listed).
I also checked the TechNote 305381. No success.
Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany

Dietmar

7 REPLIES 7

Dietmar_Deeg
Level 4
Partner

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Is the issue with all meeting requests or just some of them coming in from outside?

Is there any event logs associated with the failure of these messages being archived?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
 Which version of EV is this? And which service pack?  What type of journaling is enabling (Envelope or normal?)
Working for cloudficient.com

Dietmar_Deeg
Level 4
Partner
 Hi Rob,

it's EV8 SP1. Envelope Journaling is not enabled. 

Dietmar_Deeg
Level 4
Partner
 Yes, it's only with meeting requests. All other calendar items are archived normaly.
The eventlog shows this error:

Event Number 3172 Severity Error Application or service Agent Typical message An ArchiveMarkedItems request has failed. Mailbox: %2 Folder: %3 Error: %1

But only when i try to archive the item manualy. The journaltask creates no error in the eventlog. 

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I think you'll need to talk to support then, because in EV 8 base there was an issue with journal archiving calendar/meeting requests when non-envelope journaling was invovled, but it was fixed as a post EV 8 hotfix, and included in EV 8 SP 1.. and that didn't affect manual archiving.
Working for cloudficient.com

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi there

You say that Message Class " IPM.Appointment " is listed.
What about IPM.Schedule.meeting.request or a subset? (Usually IPM.Schedule* i believe)

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.