cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identification of failed indexes on specific vault servers

pbix
Level 3

First I know how to identify failed indexes smiley right click on Index Volumes > Manage Index Volumes   then i can find by status.  

But this shows indexes over all vault servers in the site.

What i want to know is how i can identify failed indexes by vault server.

We have a **lot** of failed indexes on one particular vault server and are painstakingly rebuilding them - this is NOT what this post is about.

What i'd like is a way to identify failed indexes on OTHER vault servers.

I'm thinking that maybe there might be a sql query that we could run to report back this info?  Or any other suggestions.

Using EV7.5

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sql-query-enterprise-vault-8

gives you a starter I think

This might be better, from here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/enterprise-vault-useful-sql-queries

**  Description:  The query reports on the Backup Mode state for the Enterprise
**                                                             Vault indexs.
**  Requirements:  Run against the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database.
*/

SELECT CE.ComputerNameAlternate AS 'Hostname', CE.ComputerName AS 'Alias', IRPE.BackupMode
FROM dbo.IndexRootPathEntry AS IRPE, ComputerEntry AS CE, IndexingServiceEntry AS ISE
WHERE ISE.ServiceEntryId = IRPE.IndexServiceEntryId AND CE.ComputerEntryID = ISE.ComputerEntryID
ORDER BY CE.ComputerNameAlternate

This second scheduled query will provide you with Index information. It will tell you if you have any failed to index items and also if your index are in and Offline, Failed or Rebuilding state

This little one we run at least twice a day to keep a watchful eye on the indexes to ensure health

SELECT ArchiveName AS 'Archive', FolderName AS 'Folder', [Offline] AS 'Index Offline', Failed AS 'Index Failed', Rebuilding AS 'Index Rebuilding',
failedItems AS 'Failed Items'
FROM Archive a, IndexVolume iv 
WHERE a.RootIdentity = iv.RootIdentity and
([Offline] = 'True' or Failed = 'True' or Rebuilding = 'True' or failedItems <> '')
SELECT ArchiveName AS 'Archive', FolderName AS 'Folder', [Offline] AS 'Index Offline', Failed AS 'Index Failed', Rebuilding AS 'Index Rebuilding',
failedItems AS 'Failed Items'
FROM Archive a, IndexVolume iv 
WHERE a.RootIdentity = iv.RootIdentity and
([Offline] = 'True' or Failed = 'True' or Rebuilding = 'True' or failedItems <> '')

Regards. Gertjan

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

To check indices, use IndexCheck.  There are a bunch of command line options that should be fairly easy to follow.

Working for cloudficient.com