cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove Archive Permission SQL

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all,

I have an old EV environment (9.0.4) which has no longer Exchange servers, or EV System Mailbox. We're migrating personal archives to Exchange. There is a need to remove permissions from archives which have been migrated.

As there is no Exchange/systemmailbox anymore, I am unable to use EVPM. Due to the version, I can also not use any powershell commands.

Can I somehow remove permissions for specific archives using SQL?

Thanks.

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA

Hi,

I did assume, but the format for using EVPM requires defining an Exchange server and mailbox, which are checked for existence.

I tried several options, but all failed. We might now spin up an old VM, if we have that, and if it is possible in our environment.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Prone2Typos

zapping an archive in EVPM does not require Exchange I think. I have not tried in a while but know zapping a mailbox does, but think zapping an archive does not. Did you assume or test?

GertjanA

Hi,

I did assume, but the format for using EVPM requires defining an Exchange server and mailbox, which are checked for existence.

I tried several options, but all failed. We might now spin up an old VM, if we have that, and if it is possible in our environment.

Regards. Gertjan

Prone2Typos

We use the following in our ini files:

[Directory]
directorycomputername = MyComputer
sitename = MySite

[VaultPermissions]
VaultName = MyVault
Zap = true

IIRC the command line takes the Exchange mailbox or server or something. I am pretty sure that this ini file does not require a valid exchange server to be in existance.... but perhaps it wants the EV records in the DB assocaited with that exchange server to start it off.

I am like 89% sure it does not have to be up though because I think run this regularly against archives where the mailbox woudl be inaccessible to EV.

Hi, 

EVPM does require an Exchange server to connect to when processing.  In 12.4 the Remove-EVArchivePermission PS cmdlet was added to avoid this requirement. 

Regards,

Patrick 

Prone2Typos

props to mr Laudone for the correct and complete answer . I tested this and it does require exchange and a mailbox to connect to... and then executes the command ....