cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementation of TECH180841

be-nugget
Level 5

Maybe more of a general question here, but I want to understand a little more about how this SQL stored procedure should be implemented, I know which database to run it against but being a SQL n00b I would like to know if someone could provide more granular steps on how this workaround is to be put in place.  Any instructions by using SQL Management Studio would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Well, I have come across this issue in my production environment. If you really want to know that it actually does in SQL in more details you need to log a case with with Symc Tech Support as they have the problem logged with etrack etc.

On your SQL server, logon and open SQL management Studio, then opon the script to apply the workaround, run it against the affect vault store database(s). MAKE SURE you backup your EV DBs before your run this, there is a reverse (undo) script if you need to reverse (undo) the workaround but a backup would be better.

If you are not sure of what to do in SQL should you be running these scripts? You should get your DBA to do it with the help of Symc Tech Support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Well, I have come across this issue in my production environment. If you really want to know that it actually does in SQL in more details you need to log a case with with Symc Tech Support as they have the problem logged with etrack etc.

On your SQL server, logon and open SQL management Studio, then opon the script to apply the workaround, run it against the affect vault store database(s). MAKE SURE you backup your EV DBs before your run this, there is a reverse (undo) script if you need to reverse (undo) the workaround but a backup would be better.

If you are not sure of what to do in SQL should you be running these scripts? You should get your DBA to do it with the help of Symc Tech Support.

be-nugget
Level 5

I understand what the script does and I will be speaking to our DBA when he is next available but I wanted to try and understand for myself.  I'll carry on and do some more hunting.