cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an API for pulling out an attachment stub

Jay_O_Leary
Level 2
I would like to pull out text from the urn:kvsplc-com:cc:vault:shortcut attachment in exchange for a text indexing application. Is this possible.
3 REPLIES 3

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Jay,

any more detail please? You've totally lost me.

Jay_O_Leary
Level 2
I'll try ...

I am writing an app that indexes email content for searching. Emails that have been archived by Enterprise Vault have an embedded object (or attachment, I'm not sure which). If possible, I would like to get as much information about the archiving event as possible (e.g. note that an email has been archived, the date, and another information that might be useful).

Hope that is clear enough...if not, let me know. I'm a little out of my element here since I don't know much about the vault product.

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Jay,

still a tad confused. Do you mean the shortcuts created in Exchange of the .DVS files sets stored on he Archive server?

Is this somethign you want to be doing these days? LookOut, Google and Office 2007 all index email... in fact this is a real issue for Symantec and I'd really like to know how they intend to integrate into Office/Outlook search form next year. Indexing now beocmes a reason not to archive when it's historically been a big benefit.