Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with DA 8.0 permissions

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner

Hi All
I have installed DA in a Lab environment and followed the instructions on the DA Install guide to the letter (well I think I have :)  )
I have a problem where the Service Account can use the DA 8.0 client to logon to the only one Customer database but my test user can't. The test users name is Bruce Crankshaw(original I know ) but I get this error everytime I logon
"You don't have permission to logon to instance xxxx(which is the customer database name ) .This is what I have done so far in respect to configuration of DA.

1. I have created a single customer database where the service account is the owner
  2. I have created a new  Case Role and made sure all  the permissions are ticked
  3. I have assigned Bruce Crankshaw to this Case Role
  4. In my endeavors to resolve this I have also added Bruce Crankshaw to the Discovery System Admin application Role
  5. I have created a  case and made sure that Bruce Crankshaw is in the Admin Case role

I still can't logon ? Any help will be appreciated
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
Hi Tony
I considered that  as I understand that a deny permission takes precedence but couldn't see any unticked boxes in any roles(which I assume is how you deny ? )
Anyway it's working now with other accounts so I won't spend anymore time trying to understand why one account doesn't work

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Are you sure you are logged into the machine with the correct credentials?

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
Hi Tony

Okay a very interesting development
I logged onto the desktop with another account ,this account was only assigned  the default Case Role I created with full permissions to the default case I created and it worked
This tells me that my Bruce Crankshaw account must have a conflict of permissions in one of the groups its in ....that is strange because its in the Discovery System  Admin group (application) the Admin group (case) and the new Case Admin (Case ) I created
Anyway if anyone has any insights why this would happen that would be helpful otherwise I will close mark this as Solved

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Did you use any Deny permissions in your Admin Roles?

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
Hi Tony
I considered that  as I understand that a deny permission takes precedence but couldn't see any unticked boxes in any roles(which I assume is how you deny ? )
Anyway it's working now with other accounts so I won't spend anymore time trying to understand why one account doesn't work

Bruce_Crankshaw
Level 6
Partner
Hi Tony