cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA has encountered a web browsing error after installing Exchange 2007 SP2 Rollup 2

chunk68
Level 3

Last night I installed exchange 2007 SP2 rollup 2 in my organization.  Now i am getting an error when using OWA and right click on an item, instead of the OWA menu popping up an error comes up stating "Outlook Web Access has encountered a web browsing error."  The details of the error are shown below.  I was able to narrow this down to the EV OWA add-ons.  I uninstalled the add-ins and the right click functionality worked again, i then reinstalled the addons and the same error came up again.  Does anyone have any idea how to fix this.  I dont want to rollback the exchange updates if possible.  Thanks

Client Information
------------------
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
CPU Class: x86
Platform: Win32
System Language: en-us
User Language: en-us
CookieEnabled: true
Mime Types:

Exception Details
-----------------
Date: Sun Jan 31 15:33:32 EST 2010
Url: https://myhostname/owa/EnterpriseVault/v8.0.3.1845/scripts/premium/listcontextmenu.js
Line: 66

Call Stack
----------
(oF)
 oF = 'undefined'
onCMLV()

Dump Event
----------
 recordset = null
 type = error
 fromElement = null
 toElement = null
 altLeft = false
 keyCode = 0
 repeat = false
 reason = 0
 data =
 behaviorCookie = 0
 source = null
 contentOverflow = false
 behaviorPart = 0
 url =
 dataTransfer = null
 ctrlKey = false
 shiftLeft = false
 dataFld =
 returnValue = undefined
 qualifier =
 wheelDelta = 0
 bookmarks = null
 button = 0
 srcFilter = null
 nextPage =
 cancelBubble = false
 x = 0
 y = 0
 srcElement = null
 screenX = 450
 screenY = 354
 srcUrn =
 origin =
 boundElements = [object]
 clientX = 260
 clientY = 160
 propertyName =
 shiftKey = false
 ctrlLeft = false
 offsetX = 0
 offsetY = 0
 altKey = false
 errorMessage = 'divEVA' is undefined
 errorUrl = https://myhostname/owa/EnterpriseVault/v8.0.3.1845/scripts/premium/listcontextmenu.js
 errorLine = 66
 errorCharacter = 5
 errorCode = 0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
The technote is here :

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/345199.htm

The hotfix is still on track (it's a post EV 8 SP 3 hotfix effectively a new install of the OWA extensions on each CAS)

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Would suggest calling in a support case with symantec.
Symantec do not typically QA anything other than major releases and service packs, and not hotfixes and roll ups.
However for things such as OWA (this is especially true with OWA2003 and control files) they will push out hotfixes in the interim for OWA.

So call up, see if they have heard of the issue and whether they have any work arounds and if it is the case that they will need a hotfix released, you will either have to wait or roll back until the issue has been resolved.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Andy_Lukens
Level 5
No answer, but I'm seeing the same thing in my lab.  Please post back if you find a resolution.

Thanks

chunk68
Level 3
I guess the only course of action is going to be to open a case.  I thought someone on the forums would have been able to help.

I will let you know if they can fix it.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Well the thing is, when you get an error like that when its a specific error thrown because of a microsoft hotfix, its going to be something outside the realms of changing a configuration file, which is why it's best to open a case and see if the developers themselves can create a hotfix to correct this issue.

personally i'm unaware of any previous OWA hotfixes that were fixed outside of dev having to change something within the source

Tamir
Level 2
please notify when Symantec will fix this Error

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
 If you open a support case, please let me know what the case number is, so I can talk to the TSE.

chunk68
Level 3
In the process of opening a case now, will post the Case # soon

chunk68
Level 3
Case # is 411266057, should be calling back in 2 hours

chunk68
Level 3
Spoke to a tech name Brad Sisson.  He said they are in the process of mocking it up in a lab.  No ETA on a fix.  Perhaps some of you guys should call in cases as well, it may help them to push this through quicker.

Thanks

chunk68
Level 3
It is definitely a problem with compatibility with EX2007 SP2 Rollup2.  They are escalating to some higher level engineering department.  Going to try to come out with a hotfix or patch.

They said in the interim you can rollback to rollup1.  I actually choose to uninstall the EV OWA extentions from my CAS server.  That was easier for me as not many of my users access archived items via OWA.  The right click functionality was more important. 

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I've contacted the current case owner, and requested it to be escalated.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I'll log a case also, and mention case-id mentioned here.

Uninstalling roll-up 2 is not an option due to necessary fixes with (recurring) meetings wiithout enddate etc.

Edit - Logged case - 411-280-192, with reference to case-id mentioned here (411-266-057)
Regards. Gertjan

chunk68
Level 3
However support asked that i dont give the workaround via the forums as they would like people to open cases so they can understand the scope of the problem. 

I will leave it to Rob Wilcox, the symantec employee on this thread to decide if he wants to provide the workaround details or not.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Suggest to them that they create a technote with the workaround that is published and request people subscribe to the technote, that way they can judge by the amount of subscribers to the technote as to the scope of the issue

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
A technote will be created, but support calls are best (apparently, so I was told, using our current system we can't actually see how many people are subscribed to a technote!)

GertjanA
Hello Rob,

Can you sent me the technote?
Following support person, we uninstalled/reinstalled extentions, now have an issue that extentions do not install properly.

Error on an xml and webconfig file.

If the technote provides an insight, please let me know.

My case 411-280-192 is handled by Amol Deshmukh

thx.
Regards. Gertjan

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
The technote hasn't been produced yet, I don't think... It should be done today, I'm told.

Tamir
Level 2
doesn't know anything about this issue

GertjanA
Refer them to this forum entry, and have them contact Rob Wilcox if necessary. That did the trick for me.....
Regards. Gertjan