cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items Stuck Pending

Greenroomboy
Level 4
Hi All.

I've recently joined a company that is in the implementation stage of EV 2007 with lotus domino with a view to implementing exchange 2007 towards the end of the year.

We have set up EV on the production server and enabled a test user mailbox,

From what i can see some items have vaulted in the past as the icon has changed from pending to complete, i can successfully restore these items by double clicking and by using the lotus button in the tool menu. When it comes to putting any items into the vault it just gets stuck on pending, Safety copies are set to remove immediately, the ev event log seems pretty clear,

I have noticed on the MSMQ there are only 4 queues
EV Default Admin Queue
EV Restore Spool Admin Queue
EV Storage Archive
EV Storage Restore

ther are no A1 to A6 queues but i'm not sure if the A1 to A6 are only relevant to Exchange.

can anyone point me in the right direction

Thanks in advance

Steve
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Frank_Beck
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Yep on the site properties of the Enteprise Vault site you have a schedule (There are a lot of things to consider here though - when it should run in relation to backups / working hours etc etc).

Alternatively on the archiving task itself there is a schedule - you can either set it to use the default or run on it's own schedule - again you need to consider the same things.

You can also right click on the mailbox archiving task and do a "Run Now" archive on all mailboxes or selected mailboxes.

Check out this link for the relevant EV documentation - http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/277782.htm

The Planning / Installing / Admin / Utilities guides are all very useful and contain a wealth of information about this sort of thing.

Message Edited by Frank Beck on 05-28-2008 10:53 AM

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Pritesh_Bhatt
Level 2
Have you checked to make sure your backups are working fine ?
in exchange the icons will only change once a backup has been done.
there are a few scripts which can be run as we use them on our pre and post backup jobs.
i guessing its the same with yours.

thanks
Pritesh

Greenroomboy
Level 4
Hello mate, thanks for the reply.

Is this still the case even if we have remove safety copy immediately checked?

Also with this being Domino can you tell me if the MSMQ's should be the same as Exchange i.e A1 to A6? or is this a red herring?

Any help much appreciated

Frank_Beck
Level 4
There are no A1-A6 queues when archiving from lotus domino.

When you store an item it will go to pending, and the next time the mailbox is archived the pending item will be replaced with a full shortcut - it does not happen immediately.

Greenroomboy
Level 4
Thanks Frank,

Is there a way i can manually push the mailbox archive process in order to replace the pending item with a full shortcut?

Can the mailbox archive process be sheduled?

Thanks

Frank_Beck
Level 4
Yep on the site properties of the Enteprise Vault site you have a schedule (There are a lot of things to consider here though - when it should run in relation to backups / working hours etc etc).

Alternatively on the archiving task itself there is a schedule - you can either set it to use the default or run on it's own schedule - again you need to consider the same things.

You can also right click on the mailbox archiving task and do a "Run Now" archive on all mailboxes or selected mailboxes.

Check out this link for the relevant EV documentation - http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/277782.htm

The Planning / Installing / Admin / Utilities guides are all very useful and contain a wealth of information about this sort of thing.

Message Edited by Frank Beck on 05-28-2008 10:53 AM

Greenroomboy
Level 4
Thanks for the info Frank, running the archiving task manually has replaced all pending shortcuts with full.

I am used to exchange and when we put an item in the vault it would change to pending and after a few seconds (depending on the size of the original email) would archive and change to a full archived item. I'm presuming that Domino does not work that way and when we roll this out to the clients they will see the pending icons for most of the day as the the archiving process will run at night, an hour or so before the backup kicks off.