cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA Extensions Installation

JBWood
Level 4
Hello all;

Having a problem installing extensions on the Front End server in a 2003 org.  Extensions are already installed on the Back End server and they work correctly.

Installation on the Front End server goes through without a hitch including the configuration script.  The problem is the setup seems to be modifying the 6.5.7234.20 controls folder instead of the 6.5.7651.60 folder.  All Exchange server (AFAIK) are SP2 with 926666.

I am using EV 2007.

Anyone have an idea?

5 REPLIES 5

JBWood
Level 4
Bump!

No one knows how the installer picks which control directory to modify?  Is there a way I can force it or do it manually?

JBWood
Level 4
OK.  Well I managed to figure it out myself.

According to the documentation, during installation of the OWA extensions, the installer looks for the highest number control folder that exists (and is supported) in C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\exchweb and installs there.

However this has not been the case for me.  I installed and uninstalled twice.  The installer insisted on putting extensions into an older folder, even though a higher numbered folder that is supported by the version I am using did exist.

What finally worked was:

1. Remove the extensions (cscript Frontend2003Setup.wsf /remove) and then an uninstall via Add/Remove.
2. Renamed the directory to which extensions were erroneously being installed.
3. Reinstall the extensions and verify the correct controls folder was modified.
4. Run the setup script via the shortcut or by hand.
5. HUGE SUCCESS!

And just for the record don't try install them by hand.  That gets *REALLY* messy.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Jer,

Interesting solution. Could you explain a little more?
Do I understand correct that you renamed the folder used to install the extentions (which was the wrong one) to something like 'do not use' ?
Do I understand correctly that you did not rename the correct folder?
Did you rename the erroneous folder back to the original name after extentions installed succesfully (in the correct folder)?

Thanks

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan

JBWood
Level 4
Gertjan;

Yes I renamed the control folder (which was the wrong one) to another name (I changed the first number in the folder name to 'x').  I did *NOT* rename the correct folder.

To test, I logged into OWA and then renamed the folder.  I refreshed my view, logged out, and logged back in to make sure the Frontend server was not using the folder I renamed.

Also, I did not change the folder name back after the install.  Since Exchange is not using it, I didn't see any need to change it back.

Does that answer all of your questions?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi Jer,

Fully answered, thank you!

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan