cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large PST Migration - Novell

NaturesRevenge
Level 5

Current environment is EV 901 and Exchange 2007 SP3.

About half of our 7,000 employees have home directories on Novell servers. These home directories are where the majority of their PSTs are located. We realize that EV cannot access these files on Novell. What I would love to hear about is any experience and/or suggestions on how to ingest these PSTs into Enterprise Vault.

I believe we're forced to move these PSTs to a location that EV can access - a Windows File Server or a NAS share; something like that.

Thank you in advance for any comments!

A J

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

i think you'd really have to use a mix of Client Side Migration and regular Locate and Collection processes to get it all to flow together, as long as EV can physically get to the PSTs themselves.

The client side migrator does have issues with things such as DFS, which the locator has to do instead, you may want to look at PST FlightDeck by GlassHouse, that product is truly the best fit for an all round PST Migration solution i have seen by a mile, but still not sure how it would act in a Novell environment

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi I think we are able to assist here, we have our own locator which should be able to access Novell, or can be changed that it does ;) Have a look at www.evtools.net and/or contact us @ evtools@evtools.net Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.