cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting postings to EV?

bobby_hilliard
Level 5

Can anyone share with me how to limit to only EV postings in the forum? The "Show:" field for Products is empty.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Stumpr2
Level 6

I have same problem with the NetBackup forum. Now is the time to make the issue known to the forum administrators. send them a comment.

bobby_hilliard
Level 5

I relied a lot on the good old forums for researching "anomolies". Sometimes, I'd just peruse a thread to pick up useful info on a topic.

Symantec must understand the necessity for the FORUM/NEWSGROUP FORMAT.

Take a look at how this "fledgeling" company formats it for their users:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.exchange.admi...

We'll just have to wait and see...

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I'm not a big fan on how Microsoft do it but i do love the old forum format layout of the STN's and i think the leanest forum layout ever is the PHPBB layout and that is FREE

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I'm not a big fan on how Microsoft do it but i do love the old forum format layout of the STN's and i think the leanest forum layout ever is the PHPBB layout and that is FREE

bobby_hilliard
Level 5

It's not the best. The BBForums site is another example, not sure what product runs it.

So, in the spirit of change...I decided to try and get some information on EV 8.0 in preparation for my own upgrade. I wanted experiences, issues, benefits, that kind of *normal* forum banter.

I tried the following in the Search field:

- enterprise vault 8.0

- "enterprise vault 8.0"

And lo and behold...mixed results. Each word was parsed and used as an independent argument...so I got results from BE 8.0, anything with "vault" in it, etc.

Not really what I was looking for.

It's the same old story. The "developers" don't always need to use the end-result...

bobby_hilliard
Level 5

it's now available in the Show: dropdown..