cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking EV policies

Sortid
Level 6

Using EV10, Outlook 2010.  I have a mailbox policy which under Archiving Options tab, I have locked out all archiving options so users can't change them.  (delete original files, no shortcuts, archive unread). I have left the Overall Lock unticked.  In Outlook, I can go to my mailbox or subfolder and while I can't change these settings, I can change retention categories which is good, but I can also turn off archiving altogether.  This isn't cool.  If I tick Overall Lock, then all settingas are locked, I can't turn archiving off.  Win!  But, it also locks out changing retention categories.  Booo.  So, is there a happy medium which allows changing of retention categories whilst enforcing archiving?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

by turn off archiving altogether do you mean the "suspend" option? i don't think you can control that by itself

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

by turn off archiving altogether do you mean the "suspend" option? i don't think you can control that by itself

Sortid
Level 6

Yep, there's the suspend option on the mailbox, and on a folder in Outlook,  you can select 'Do not archive this folder'.  I want to lock those out but allow retention category selection.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I don't think you can what you're asking for.

It is a good request though ...  I'd vote for it in the Ideas section :)

Working for cloudficient.com