cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low disk space on EV SQL server

screenburn
Level 4

We are facing shortage of storage on EV- SQL server. All database and log files are on same location. Is there any way to move some of the databases or all log files  to different location in SQL Server.

I hope there would be no problem as it is mainly the task of SQL Server administration. But really not sure either EV supports that or not.

I’ll appreciate if you can share any other alternative of that. 

WBR.

4 REPLIES 4

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The physical location of the SQL databases or logs has no effect on EV

If you want to move the files it is easy.

Simply stop your EV services

Detach the SQL database

Move the Logs or Databases to the new drive

Attach the database again but this time you need to specify where the files are as one of the set has moved

Once done restart the EV services 

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Also consider running daily or weekly maintenance jobs to shrink the database and log files.

It is also good practice to truncate your log files out on a regular schedule. This will help keep your log files smaller

screenburn
Level 4

Thank you for reply.

i can observe one file "vaultlogae.mdf" in SQL server folder, but i cannot find that database in SQL management console. Any idea which database is it? size of that database is more than 120GB. I'm really not sure what is that database. 

Any idea?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

That will probably be a transaction log file (normally a different file extension in SQL, but, due to a long standing bug, EV creates the log with the wrong extension).  Take a look through the databases, and check the DB filename, and the Transaction Log file name.

Working for cloudficient.com