Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDAEMON migration to Enterprise Vault

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner

Hello

Probably spelled MDAEMON incorrectly, however does anyone know if there is a product out there that will migrate email data from MDAEMON to Enterprise Vault?

Thanks

Judy Glazier

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I assume the customer is migrating to Exchange?

I doubt there is a ready built connector anywhere.  What you would want to do is reach out to GlassHouse, Transvault, Bluesource, and/or Globanet and see what it would take for them to build a connector for you.

Other than that, you would have to look at getting pst's created and importing them into EV.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

I assume the customer is migrating to Exchange?

I doubt there is a ready built connector anywhere.  What you would want to do is reach out to GlassHouse, Transvault, Bluesource, and/or Globanet and see what it would take for them to build a connector for you.

Other than that, you would have to look at getting pst's created and importing them into EV.

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner

Hello Tony

Thanks for your quick response.  Yes they are already on Exchange but they have old email in the MDaemon mailserver that they would like to move to Enterprise Vault so they can shut down the MDaemon server.

I will check with the companies that you have mentioned to see if they can assist them.

Judy

TonySterling

I also found this http://www.transend.com/supported_mail_systems.asp#1 maybe they could move it to their existing exchange server and map the mailboxes appropriately. 

I think if a company has to build a connector it will add to the overall price.  Depending how motivated the customer is it might be worth it to pay you to manage the process manually by exporting to pst and then importing to the archive.

Just some thoughts...