cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailbox has reached it's limit even though EV is enabled for that user

Tyrone_Burke
Level 3
I'm using EV6 sp2, one of my users using outlook 2003 sp2 has EV extentions 6 installed and mailbox enabled. when his items are archived the icon comes back as a closed envelope and the users mailbox has exceeded the limit it looks like it isn't archiving / creating shortcuts. any help much appreciated
5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I would recommend removing the deny for the quota and just leave the warning and then do a run now against that users mailbox.

If the users is at a prohibit on send or receive the mailbox cannot be archived by the task.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
If the mail items are still showing as exchange mail outlook wise then there is either a problem with showing the vault shortcuts or indeed you have not archived anything. So lets do 2 checks:-

1. Open the Vault console
2. Right click on vault stores
3. Select Vault Usage Report
4. Find your users archive and see how many items are within it

If there are 0 items in the archive then lets do an archiving run in report mode:-

1. Right click on your archiving task for the exchange server that your users mailbox is housed
2. Select Run Now
3. Change the mode from Normal to report
4. Change to select mailboxes from all mailboxes and click OK
5. Enter your user and click OK
6. A report will be created in the enterprise vault\reports directory
7. Open this report in Excdel and see the column called No of items that would be archived. What value is within that column

If it is greater than 0 then lets try and do a manual archiving run:-
1. Open a command prompt
2. Change directory to your enterprise vault dir
3. type dtrace
4. type view
5. Type set archive task v
6. type set storagearchive v
7. type log c:\archive.log
8. Minimize the command prompt but do not close
9. Right click on the archiving task and select run now
10. Ensure this time Normal is selected and not report and do the same steps as when you produced the archiving report
11. dependent on how many items are due to be archived leave for an amount of time to allow the system to archive
12. Bring back your command prompt
13. Type log and answer yes to stop logging
14. type exit and then exit the command propmt
15. Check the Vault Store usage report again and see if there are any items in your users archive.
16. If not then have a look in your dtrace.log file and see if there are any obvious errors in there
17. If not then post the DTRACE (depending on its contents as it may be too large)

Tyrone_Burke
Level 3
It appears as if EV is archiving the mailbox items but not removing the mail and creating a shortcut. I've ran through the procees above and it shows that 200 items are being processed....

but it then changes the icon within outlook to look like an unread email instead of the vaulted icons.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
sounds like it is just a forms issue. Take off cached mode and see if the vauit icons appear

Tyrone_Burke
Level 3
Hi Peter,

I already tried the cache mode for the forms and uninstalling and re-installing the extentions