cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Vault Mail Icons - Not toolbar

burnhagw
Level 2

I'm pulling my hair out here. Me and one other person has this problem. I don't have the mail icons showing that the mail is in the vault. In fact I don't have any of the vault mail icons. I have the vault toolbar but thats it.

I've tried everything I can think of. I know the problem is is machine specific.

I renamed a bunch of files and had outlook recreate them. Deleted the addin and reinstalled, repaired outlook and the addin, reloaded the forms, 

When I load outlook 2003 in safe mode the icons show up though. I have no other addins installed for outlook.

any help??

Edit: I'm also a IT admin so I have admin tools on my machine.

Edit: Enterprise Vault 2007 (7.5.3.2138.0.http) and running xp pro sp3

Message Edited by burnhagw on 09-11-2008 12:02 PM
Message Edited by burnhagw on 09-11-2008 12:06 PM
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

burnhagw
Level 2
I rebuilt my whole windows xp profile and copied the forms from the server to the pc and now the icons work.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

I assum you have tried ResetEVClient? Close Outlook, goto c:\program files\enterprise vault\client, it should be there. Have that run, takes a little while, the restart Outlook.

What gives?

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan

burnhagw
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I've tried that a couple times, no change.

And whatever I do I can't get valkyrie.dll to register manually, I get the specified module could not be found but the the file is there. But the resetevclient does successfully register the file.

There are also no disabled items outlook.

The odd thing is it works in outlook safe mode

Message Edited by burnhagw on 09-11-2008 12:18 PM

Amit_Gupta
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
If you are working in cached mode, try getting out of it and then see if it works.

burnhagw
Level 2

Hello,

Yes i'm using cached mode, but when I turn off cached mode and scroll down to my older emails/vault shortcut emails it just laggs horribly. Only when I'm looking at the old emails that are archieved. I get an hour glass for about 15 seconds each time I scroll in that area. When I put it back into cached mode it doesn't lag anymore but either mode, no message icons are present. I did choose to sync up custom forms when doing a send and receive all but that didn't do anything either.

burnhagw
Level 2
I rebuilt my whole windows xp profile and copied the forms from the server to the pc and now the icons work.

bsmith1
Not applicable

I am seeing this in Office 2007, I recently had my machine rebuilt and noticed that the mails I had archived are all displaying an envelope that resembles a new mail icon . Newly archived mails can also see this isssue.

Using EV version 6SP2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
According to the compatibility doc you need at least EV 6 sp 4 for Outlook 2k7 original and sp 1.  Also sp2 isnt supported with the EV 6 client at all.

Also, instead of resurrecting a year old thread and one that is solved it is better to start a new discussion.  That way if some one helps you with a solution you can reward them with points.

Regards