cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving EV stores from NTFS to Remote CIFS

Col_G
Level 4
Hi..

We are currently running EV 7.5 SP5. at the moment it is in a virtual enviroment with the Vaultstores/Indexes hosted on Netapp luns and mounted through ISCSI.
I am planning an upgrade to EV8 - partly to take advantage of some of the new Netapp-related features.. and one of the things i would like to do is move the Vaultstores off the Luns and onto CIFS shares in preparation.
Ive read the relevent technote: seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/273271.htm - which has this note attached to it: "**NOTE** Specifying a mapped drive in the PartitionRootPath will result in an error message when retrieving or archiving to this location. See related technote."
So i presume by this that it means that //netapp/evsvault$  as a path would not be valid?.. plus there is no related tech-note for this issue..

Has anyone successfully moved Vaultstores from NTFS to a CIFS share, and is there anymore work required other than following the technote?

Thanks
Col G
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi

It means that if you mount \\netapp\evsvault$ to a drive (X:\), this would not be valid.
(like net use X: \\netapp\evsvault$)

Using the UNC Path directly does work.

I have moved them successfully, no more work required.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi

It means that if you mount \\netapp\evsvault$ to a drive (X:\), this would not be valid.
(like net use X: \\netapp\evsvault$)

Using the UNC Path directly does work.

I have moved them successfully, no more work required.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Col_G
Level 4
Ahh.. Cheers!..

Colin G