cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving EV users to new location

Doggy
Level 2

Hi,

For Info: Windows 2003 domain, Exchange 2003 SP2, EV 7.5.

We're having to close our network and need to move our EV to a new site. We can't just move the server (it's a Virtual Machine, which the destination site's staff don't support) so we need to consider how best to relocate all our user's vaults to a new server.  The destination email servers are in the same Exchange organisation & W2003 domain as ours.

The thought is to install a new physical EV box at the destination site & to then move the users one by one on to the new EV server.We have good network connectivity to the new site.

Could I ask what is the best way of doing that - are there EV tools for moving Vaults between servers?

Thanks very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Sounds to me like you could follow the steps for doing a DR to the new machine.  Have look in the Admin guide at the Recovery section.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Sounds to me like you could follow the steps for doing a DR to the new machine.  Have look in the Admin guide at the Recovery section.

Doggy
Level 2

Thanks - the only thing there is that we'd have to do teh whole server at once. I should have mentioned we'll probably move users individually over to the new site..Maybe Exporting to PST and Importing to the new EV is the best trick?

Thanks

Dom