cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving users to new policy

gltaylor
Level 2
I have a problem I could use some help with.  We have EV 7.0 and will be soon upgrading to 8.0.  In the meantime, we have a mandata to keep all users mailboxes when they leave our company.  We would like to be able to archive these users mailboxes.   So I created a test user and put some mail into the mailbox and put the user in our default 180 archiving policy.  This worked fine.  I then put some new mail into the mailbox, and moved that account to a Zero day policy that we have, where it wil archive anything older than zero days is archived and is set to not have shortcuts.  It does not appear that this policy is working as none of the new mail I put into the mailbox has been archived.  Not sure what I am doing wrong and would appreciate any help.  The user account is on an Exchange 2007 server.  The provisioning task report shows that the user is getting the Zero day policy.  Thanks all for any input. 
4 REPLIES 4

Joseph_Rodgers
Level 6
Partner
GLTaylor,

Did you remember to check the "archive unread items" on the mailbox policy tab?

Also make sure to uncheck the "never archive items younger than" option.

How about message class? (longshot)

-Joe

Gonz
Level 5
Employee
Remember that, whenever you change a user mailbox policy, you have to sync that user mailbox, so the hidden message that EV uploads to the mailbox it is updated.

Did you sync after changing the policy?

Kind regards. 

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
he don't need to sync no more, its been 2 days since this post :p

gltaylor
Level 2
Thanks guys. It should have synced by now.  I will check the items you mentioned in the policy Joseph.  Apologize for the delay as I was ill.  Thank you all.