cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple mailboxes--->single archive

Debasish_Mitra
Level 3

Hi,

I have some users who have access to multiple mailboxes.(Ex-User X has X1,X2,X3 mailboxes ).
I need to link all the user mailboxes to a single mailbox archive.
I dont want the provisioning task to create multiple archive.All I need to associate multiple user mailboxes to a single arcive.

Any help will be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi You should be able to enable a mailbox and select an existing archive. Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

You could also "hack" SQL and change the default Vault ID's under ExchangeMailboxEntry?

Switch
Level 3
Accredited Certified
Even I had similar problem. 

I had tried the solution by MichelZ, but when I try to select an existing Archive, it says "You cannot choose archive xxx, because it is already the archive for user xxx"

I will try the SQL hack, but how will be the folder structure in that archive? Will it have the folders from all mailboxes? What will happen to the common folder like the inbox?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
you can't hack it, you are going to have to use a Shared Archive unfortunately
if you hack the SQL database then provisioning will undo the changes you make
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

you should be able to do this via EVPM.  i think you should be able to associate an archive with a mailbox in there.

Mike

Debasish_Mitra
Level 3
Hi Mike,

Would you mind writing a sample EVPM script for this?
I have two mailboxes(say mailbox1 and mailbox 2).I have archive1 already associated with Mailbox1.Now EVPM script should be able to associate mailbox2 to archive1.

Thanks in advance.

Chuck_Ford
Level 4
Hi Mike,

That sounds like better news than creating PST files I think.  In a nut shell, many of our users have had multiple mailboxes created for them due to space concerns (for some reason PST files were not an option at the time).  Now we want to migrate all that extra data into the single archive for the primary mailbox and then delete the extra mailboxes.  What we thought was going to be simple does not seem to be.  If EVPM will work, that would at least save us the hassle of dumping the data to PST files and then importing those - I assume the EVPM will be better than that method?