cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple misconfigurations?

Tobbe_Sjolund
Level 2
Hi all.

I'm setting up an demo/education system that will be used to evaluate the exchange mailbox archiving mainly but somewhere down the line I must have missed something regarding the owa setup.

1. using the public address of the exchange system I can not see the archive explorer or any of the EV specific buttons at all. Archived mails are presented with the correct template though. If I connect either locally on the Exchange or from the EV server it works (I.E I can see the EV specific buttons and Archive explorer) as long as I use the netbios name of the Exchange server. For instance: "netbiosname/exchange" works locally on the Exchangeserver but "localhost/exchange" does not.
The only way I can get it to work using the public address is by not using SSL.
I must be missing something basic regarding the nameresolution here.

2. If I try to retrieve an archived message from OWA the eventlog on the EVserver states that it failed because the anonymous account that I use for access between the Exchange and EVault does not have access to the mailboxes in question and I do not want to give the anonymous account full access to all users mailboxes in a live environment.

I dont know if any of you would like to help a newbie like myself but either way heres the basic setup:

1 Exchange BE running Win2003R2/Exchange 2003 SP2. This is also the DC for the domain.
1 Enterprise vault server running windows 2003 sp1, SQL2000SP4
There are no reverseproxies or frontends in this setup

Any efforts are appreciated!

/Tobbe
1 REPLY 1

Tobbe_Sjolund
Level 2
Update:

After some more troubleshooting I'm also been able to verify that if I connect over http instead of https internally or externally I'm able to both archive and retrieve items from the archive without getting the errormessage about insufficent permissions for the anonymous account.

This means that my troubles seems to be more SSL related than nameresolution connected.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?