cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netapp/FSA Placeholder question

Joe_Vogel
Level 4
We are running Ontap 7.0.5 with Mcafee virusscanning for Netapp running on a windows server. EV 7 SP1.

My issue is whenever I move a placeholder to a location on the same volume, it recalls the message and moves the copy to the new location.  This I would expect if moving to a new volume, but not on the same volume.  I suspect there is something with Netapp and the McAfee for netapp, but I am not sure.  I found article 287761 on the support site, but it says it does not apply when running netapp. 

Any advice would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Rob_Hanson
Level 6
Employee
Joe,

Very strange one.  I think you might need to get Tech Support involved before you blame NetApp or McAfee.

We can start by having a look at the DTrace of EvNetAppPHSvr, during a replication of the issue and see if we can figure out what process is recalling the file.  Also have a look at the messages log on the NEtApp filer and see if there is any clue there.

Regards

Rob

Joe_Vogel
Level 4
I disabled the Netapp virus scanning to eliminate that as a possibility, and it still is triggering a file recall when moving placeholders within the same volume.