cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Vault Store Partition?

Michael_Feldman
Level 4
Hi all, I'm running out of space on the vault store partition, can anyone advise on what i should do?...From what I understood and also read on the previous threads, I should just create a new partition within the same vault store. This seems simple enough, but for some reason im skeptical, and think it sounds to easy...Is there anything else that i might need to do? Any SQL entries need to be changed? Do I close the old parition once the new one is created? Will EV know to store data on the new one or is there some step that i'm missing?...
Thanks for any help.
4 REPLIES 4

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Just create the new partition and close the 2nd partition and that should be it. Anything that gets archived should then go to the new partition. You will not have SIS between the two partition though.

Michael_Feldman
Level 4
which means what exactly? Emails that were stored in the previous partition will store again on the new one?...there wil be duplicates?
is there ne other alternative or thats it?...

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Yes if the item gets archived again then it'll go into the new partiton. That is because closing a partition is one way to reduce backups(because in general data shouldn't change) and so if we were to continue to change those items then the closed partition would continue to need to be backed up. Generally speaking though it shouldn't be a great loss of SIS.

Michael_Feldman
Level 4
Thank you.