cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New error message - Can't open this item.

PiperBob
Level 3

Hi:

We are running EV 7.5 and I have an Outlook 2003 client that gets this message when they double click a stubbed message. If they try to use the Right-click/Open they get a different message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook."

The message displays fine in the preview window. If the user runs Archive Explorer everything is OK. The user can also forward the message without any errors.

From the forum, I have tried several fixes. I have removed and reinstalled the EV client, ran the Detect & Repair, and run the resetEVclient.exe with no luck.

This is so far the only client that has this issue. We will be implementing EV company wide in a couple of months and this user is running the standard company image. I have resisted upgrading the client since the majority of current users are running Outlook 2003.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

PiperBob

3 REPLIES 3

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Could you try with another user on the same computer?

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

PiperBob
Level 3

Here is an update. I tried this PC with a test account. I get the same error message. So, we decided to reload Outlook. I then reloaded the EV Outlook extensions. Still get the same error. The only thing I can think of doing is to upgrade to 2007. Any other suggestions?

jpriddy
Level 4

I see that you haven't yet rolled this out to the company.  How many other PCs and users are running this successfully?  Does the same user on a different PC work?

Have you tried updating the service pack?

What SP of EV 7.5 are you running?

FixMapi.exe and reboot? (I think this may be included in resetevclient, I forget)

Do you have a client firewall that might be blocking communication with the ev server?