cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Buttons in OWA 2003

Mats_Holm
Level 4

Hi!

I see that many persons have this sort of problem but I can't figure out what is wrong.
Only one Exchange server 2003 SP2.

All archived mails have the right icon and I can open/forward mails.
EVServers file and ExchangeServers file exist and is OK.

But I have no Buttons in the Toolbar...

The folder Controls-originals copied by Enterprise Vault exists in 6.5.7651.60.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I believe those control files are cached locally and are not updated regularly.  Delete the cache makes them update and show the buttons.

Regards,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
If that folder exists I would assume the install has worked ok. When you say toolbar, can you see the Archive Explorer and Search Vaults buttons??? If so then check you OWA policy (this enables/disables the horizontal toolbar buttons). Have you tried clearing your IE cache including delete files?

Failing that, you could try using the /formreg /formregmbx:(get system MB from active directory) switch with the backend2003setup.wsf cmd line. This will do a repeat forms install with the provided system mailbox.

Be interesting to see the wsf.log file if it still doesn't work after this.

Mats_Holm
Level 4
Solved!

Deleting IE cache solved it. Why do I have to do that?

//Mats

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I believe those control files are cached locally and are not updated regularly.  Delete the cache makes them update and show the buttons.

Regards,

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
Agree with Tony there. Whenever you are troubleshooting, and IE is involved, ALWAYS delete the cache. You can sometimes end up chasing phantom problems :)

Glad my suggestion helped!

Adrian_Toha
Level 3
Hi,

i have had simular problems, and the following solved mine:

In the policy, i turned on "form reload" and since i used cached Outllok i copied the forms from the Organisational forms to the local client.

maybe this can help you to?

regards
Adrian

Atul_R
Level 4
I have one user who does not get the EV buttons on the toolbar, nor does he get EV options (Archive Explorer and Search Vaults) on the left pane under the folder List. These are the only ones enabled in our policy. Clearing the IE cache, cookies has not helped. He is not ready to have a new Windows profile created.
Any suggestions please?   Thank you very much ......... Atul