cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No OWA email deletion after aupgrade to V7.5

FocEdm
Level 3
Hi all, we upgraded to version 7.5 last friday and now i am noticing that in OWA we cannot delete emails. It is possible to move them to deleted items folder etc but clicking on delte just doesnt work anymore. Anyone have any idea what i did wrong? Deleting email from outlook itself has shown no problems.
5 REPLIES 5

Focus_Administr
Level 3
This is to add to the above ticket--i have now signed up for an account so hence the new username.

The email in OWA can be deleted if the mail is actually open its only from the preview window in OWA that mail cannot be deleted. There is a small error bottom of the screen when i try to delete but all it says is error on page.

Brian_Day
Level 6
Your control files didn't upgrade, we had this when we were instructed to install the frontend/backend extensions without returning the originals to their original location.

Before installing the front-end and back-end extensions you must must must must copy the original control files back to their original directory or else EV will not upgrade them. This is to prevent companies with other 3rd party applications which modify the control files from having those broken by the EV install.

You're going to have to reinstall the extensions on all front-end/back-end servers.

Focus_Administr
Level 3
 Thanks for the advice. So you mean I should copy the files in the Controls-originals back into the control before installing the extensions?

Brian_Day
Level 6
Yep, there should be a sub-directory in your control files folder named something similar to "Control files copied by Enterprise Vault". You need to copy those files up one level before upgrading the extensions.

The installer will actually prompt you with a warning during the install if you do not do this saying something similar to "Modified control files detected. If you do not copy the original control files back before installaition, Enterprise Vault will not upgrade them. Continue without upgrading control files?"

Focus_Administr
Level 3
just to conclude this topic. The problem ended up being that there were old 9 files in the originals and not the normal 10. I got this new file from Symantec and then copied them all back onto the front end and back end OWA/Exchange servers. I then reran the configurator and everything works after the user clears their internet cache.  Thanks alot for the advice.