cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No vault icons showns in Outlook 2003 nor in OWA 2003 after upgrading to EV 9

Sansyl
Level 3

Hi all,

On my testing platform, I have mailboxes under Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2010. I upgraded my EV platform from EV2007 SP4 to EV8 and then to EV9 without problems. However, after upgrade, when I try accessing the Exchange 2003 mailboxes using Outlook 2003 SP3 or OWA 2003, there are no vault icons shown. The only one I see is the SEARCH icon! I can still access to archives items but I can not archive, restore or even delete items that are already archived under EV 2007.

However, with a Exchange 2010 mailbox, I have all icons displayed even with Outlook 2003 SP3.

Is it a normal behaviour?

Does anyone has the same problem?

Thanks,

Sansyl

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Is your test user enabled ?  Normally the search icon appears when a user was enabled, then disabled.

Working for cloudficient.com

Sansyl
Level 3

I've never enabled then disabled the users under EV. They have icons under EV2007 then EV8 but not under EV9.

Is there something I missed or I had to do after undergone the "in place" upgrade?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

hmm that's tricky then.  During your upgrade, you went to EV 8, and ran the configuration/upgrade utility?  Then up to EV 9?

I think you'll need to look at the ExchangeMailboxEntry table, for the state of the archives.

Sansyl
Level 3

Hi Rob,

Following what you said, I created an new user mailbox  Exchange 2003 and activated it. When logged with this new account, I have all vault icons. So I checked the existing vault user accounts, they are all disabled! Why? I did not remember disabling them before the upgrade! How this can be happened ?

screenburn
Level 4

Hi,

I'd faced the same problem while upgrade EV from 7.5 to 8.4. All users were disabled after upgrade. i didnt disabled any account. I'd opened a case with Symantec but they couldnt give any particular reason. 

I'd done one upgrade from EV version 8.0 to 8.3 that time i didnt face any problem. 

Any idea why accounts were disabled automatically. 

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Hmm I can't see any reason why this would be the case, I'm afraid.